The first impression is known to be the best impression and one’s external appearance generally plays a pivotal role in determining the first impression of a person. In a world where looks are given a priority, it becomes essential to maintain a decent appearance. Of course, this has its own benefits too, such as boosting the confidence and self-esteem of the person flaunting the appearance. This is why there is never a dearth of customers for hairstylists and grooming experts. Same goes for various cosmetic and beauty products developed by the billion dollar cosmetic industry. While the usage of such products is upto the discretion of the customer, one sure shot way of transforming one’s look is a fresh haircut! Yes, something as simple as restyling one’s hair can go a long way in making someone look appealing and impressive. I will concentrate on one particular style, the Pompadour, which has not only proved itself to be classy but has also withstood the test of time.
Currently flaunted by hunks like David Beckham and Bruno Mars among many others, this style involves short side cuts and a dramatic high rise of hair at the top. Initially flaunted by women of the 1700s, it became a male trend after Elvis Presley revived it in 1950. Are you wondering how you can rock the look too? Here are a few tips:
- Begin with clean, washed hair and use a water-based high-hold pomade to slick back the hair.
- Use a blow dryer and set it to the right temperature.
- Using a round brush, one must proceed along the hairline and brush the hair forward and up while blow drying simultaneously.
- The front portion should ideally showcase more volume.
- Finish the look with a touch of hairspray and pomade to maintain the look for a long duration.
Clearly, this look doesn’t need expensive trips to the hairstylist. So what is stopping you? Go ahead and give it a try! After all, a good hairstyle is the easiest trick to make that perfect first impression.